Friday, June 10, 2011

Fridays Fido Fit Tip - Healthy Low Calorie Dog Treats

My dogs love treats in fact I think most any dog likes dog treats.  I have tried all kinds of dog treats and my dogs  like pretty much anything I give them.  They rarely turn anything down.  I can't imagine how much money I have wasted on expensive dog treats.  Some of those dog treats can be loaded with calories. If your furry friend is overweight the treats are just adding to their health problems.  Your wallet and your dogs health can suffer if you give your mutt too many treats.
Several years ago someone told me to give my dogs carrots for treats. I originally thought this was funny and thought they wouldn't eat them.  I tried giving them carrots after a walk. To my surprise they seemed to enjoy the carrots just as much as any other high calorie expensive treat.  I buy carrot slices or baby carrots and after our daily exercise that is their treat.  It saves me money and saves them calories.   Here is a picture of Daisy patiently waiting for her carrots after her run!

No comments:

Post a Comment