Monday, July 11, 2011

Running In The Rain......with your mutt of course!

We finally got some rain here in Las Vegas. I had planned on a bike ride last Friday night but it was raining and windy so I decided not to risk my life
on my bike in the rain! Instead I grabbed my two mutts(Daisy and Tigger) and decided to head outside for a run. In Vegas, in the summer it is always so hot.
I don't get to take the dogs out as much as I do in the winter because of the heat. I thought I would take advantage of the evening and the cool rain and take them out for a run. They absolutely loved running at night in the rain. It was just getting dark and there was a drizzle. Sometimes when things are not planned it works out for the best. The beauty in the sky at night and the rain with the clouds was amazing. Both my dogs were running with me in the rain, with a steady pace, and they were in the zone without distraction......it was a beautiful thing. I know its the little things make me happy but this was a memorable run for me. It was memorable because they were happy, they were well behaved, and they were beautiful running with ears back, eyes squinting, and nose pointing forward. I love running in the rain and apparently my dogs do too. They got a nice rinse off in the hose when we got home because they were dirty too....... but they didn't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment