Thursday, July 21, 2011

I didn't want to but they did!

Yesterday was a really long day for me starting at 4am when my alarm went off.  I was busy with clients working about a 14 hour day. I had a short break to come home let the dogs out grab some food only to leave again.  By the time I got home I was exhausted and the LAST thing I wanted to do was take my 3 dogs for a walk at 8pm.  I got home fed them had a bite to eat myself and was ready for bed.  I let the dogs out (for what I thought was the time that day) and Daisy looked at her leash as I opened the door and gave me that look:)  The look of hope........like its time.......for a walk........because we haven't had one today!
No not today I don't have the energy is what I felt like saying.  But her wagging tail and perking ears kept looking at me with hope that I wan gonna grab the leashes.   Then I felt really bad.  I was close to denying my three dogs one of the best moments of their day.....the walk.  So I grabbed the leashes and worked up enough energy to take them out for a walk.    As we were walking they were in their bliss!  Sniffing everything, Tigger and Spec peeing on everything, and trotting along without a care in the world.  As we walked I started to feel better, more relaxed, and less stressed.  I was thankful that I made the decision to take them walking.  Thankful because it was good for them AND ME!

Everyone has days like I did.  Days that they just want to come home and end your day.  Don't forget about your dog.  Force yourself take them for  a walk. In the end it will be the best thing for both of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment