Friday, December 16, 2011

For The Love of Running!

People tell me that I am mean because I make my dogs run.  I disagree! In fact if you saw Daisy as I prepare for my run and during a run you would disagree.  As I put my running shoes on her ears perk up.  She isn't sure I am going running at this point but knows that it may be a possibility.  As I continue my preparation for the run she becomes more convinced that I am really going running.  The preparation steps continue as I:
  1. Look for my visor or hat - she is still not 100% sure that the run is going to happen but the tail is wagging at this point.
  2. Grab my Ipod - this is a step that really gets her going! But I don't think she knows if she is going.
  3. Get a plastic bag for dog poop- She knows she going now so the hopping begins.  I know she is not a rabbit but when she is excited she hops and she can hop pretty high for a dog!
  4. Go toward the leash - OMG uncontrollable excitement at this point!  I really need Ceasar Millan the dog whisperer to control her at this point.  A few times she has head bumped me on one of her hops.
Once we are on the road and running she is in heaven.....even at mile 10!  The longest she has ran with me is 14 miles.  Even at 14 miles she could keep going.  On our long runs she knows about halfway she gets water.  I carry a collapsible dish to give her water.  She also knows she gets a cliff block or two!  What a lucky dog and what a lucky dog owner to have her as a partner:)
Here we are after 10 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment